Harley Davidson Corporate instated a program to implement an Andon Systems in their non-assembly line operations in all of their plants in the United States. At each of their locations they wanted to prototype a system before they would make a decision on implementing an Andon System at that location. Since the Andon system was for the non-assembly operation, it has to cover a broad range of manufacturing operations including paint shop operations, metal fabrication operations, plastic forming operation, and wind shield manufacturing
The requirement was for the operator to easily access an input point to call for support when they had an issue. Further requirements that their needed to be both a visual and an audio notification with each request for support.
The andon system was to be implemented in the four plants in Tomahawk Wisconsin, Menomonee Fall Wisconsin, York Pennsylvania, and Kansas City, Missouri
VersaCall Andon Solution
- Audio Andons
- Call Station Input Modules That Matched Each Area’s Needs
The VersaCall system solution was the placement of VersaCall’s 4 Button Wireless Call Station some with integrated stack lights and others without stack lights. Virtual call stations were all part of the andon system’s input modules along with the battery and powered call stations.
Benefits and Results of the VersaCall Andon System Solution
- Immediate communication of issues resulting in minimizing production disruptions. Reducing downtime.
- Effective Audio/Visual/Communications of issues. Completely customized to meet Harley Davidson requirements.
- Overall improvement in production output due to immediately addressing production issues.
- Complete status visibility of issues by individual production line and production areas.